Tips to play Fantasy Cricket
Fantasy cricket is a game of cricket played with virtual teams. Teams are created using players in the real world, and points are awarded when those players perform well. The team with the most points at the end of a series is declared winner.
A player can be selected for a fantasy team in two ways- by picking him from an existing squad or by drafting him to make up a new team. Here’s a 5 min read on How to play fantasy IPL.
1. How to play IPL Fantasy League
- The IPL Auction is held on the third day of every match.
- Players can be bought through Auction and Draft. Each player will cost a certain amount of INR. You will be given a set number of bids depending on how deep your budget is.
- Each team has a Salary cap which gets reduced by 10% each time an IPL player scores a century (100+ score). This translates to the amount you can spend on buying players.
- A player’s base price is the amount he would cost you at the start of the season. This amount keeps changing with every game he plays and outing his base price changes.
A player’s base price is the least amount a bidder has to pay for a player in an auction. A player’s base price changes with every match the player plays & increases for every run, wicket and catch he takes.
2. How to choose a team in IPL Fantasy League
- First of all, you should pick your captain. He will be your key player, who is always in good form.
- Start collecting the other members of team by checking their records and keeping a watch on their performances.
- Next look at the players’ performance in recent times and select them according to match turning points and match specific roles.
- As your captain is the key player of your team so you must select a good all-rounder in rest of the players. You can start selecting batsmen, all-rounders, and bowlers in the initial stage.
- When you’re going to select a player with a high base price, make sure that he’s currently in form and will play consistent cricket throughout the season.
3. Proper team balance in IPL Fantasy League
It is a great mistake to put too much weightage on one player or to leave out players who would perform the way you need them to.
- First of all choose your Captain by selecting him at auction with highest base price. You can always drop him after your first season if he is not performing up to your expectations.
- Select other key players such as the all-rounder, spinner, bowler and batsman. These players will be the ones that will help you win your league.
- Select middle order and lower order batsmen according to their scoring abilities and match turning points.
- Last of all, pick last position in the batting order and those in the bowling line-up according to their turning point abilities.
Again, you can look at their performances in previous matches during the season to determine the last place batsmen and bowlers. You should ensure that all the players have a role in your team while drafting. This will make them easier to pick in an auction.
4. The points system in IPL Fantasy League
Every player has different role, scoring pattern, ability to take wickets and ability to catch wickets and that is why different players contribute different points to a team.
The total points a player contributes to the team are based on the following parameters:
- The total number of runs scored by a batsman in a match and the role he has played in that match.
- The number of wickets taken by a bowler in a match and the role he performed for his team.
- The catches taken by wicket keepers and their role of taking wickets as well as saving them from going down.
- The runs scored by a player in the previous match and his contribution to points
These parameters are taken into account when the team is being put together in an auction as well.
The points are awarded for the following:
- Number of runs scored by a batsman in a match (with the captain)
- Number of wickets taken by a bowler in an innings
- Number of wickets taken by a bowler in a match (with the captain)
- Number of catches taken by wicket keepers in an innings.
- Number of catches taken by wicket keepers in a match (with the captain)
- The number of runs scored by a player in previous innings or matches he has played.
- The number of wickets taken by a player in previous innings or matches he has played.
- The number of ‘Man of the Match’ points a player has accrued in previous matches.
- The number of ‘Man of the Series’ points a player has accrued in previous Matches
These points are extremely crucial in deciding the winner of a fantasy league.
5. How to change the team in IPL Fantasy League
- You can change your team after you have started a league.
- You cannot start a new league while continuing with earlier one.
- If you want to change the points of any player then go to the Fantasy League page and click on Change Player.
- If you want to change captain, then click on Transfer Captain and select the player you want to be the captain.
- After making the changes, pay the entry fee and you are ready to play.
- You can edit all your changes in a team until its deadline. You can go to Fantasy League page and click on Edit Team.
I think it is good to know but I would recommend to read more on this.
I think this article is very important for people who are playing IPL Fantasy League. We need to know some information about the competition of Fantasy Cricket League. If we don’t know about the most important things, then it won’t be updated. If you want to play the IPL Fantasy League app Download it from the play store or the link given. .