Seven Reason to Take Your Car to an Auto Body Shop
Imagine driving down the street and hitting a patch of ice, causing you to swerve slightly off the road. If your car gets any damage, would you know what to do?
The best thing to do is to take your car to an auto body shop. You can bring your vehicle in for a variety of reasons, and it’s important to know exactly what is offered.
If you’re not sure about whether or not to bring your car in, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here are seven reasons why you should consider taking your car into an auto body shop.
Keep reading to learn more!
1. To Have Body Work Done
If your car has been in a minor accident and the damage is only to the body of the car, you will need to take it to an auto body shop. The technicians at these shops are experts in fixing dents, scratches, and other forms of damage to the body of a car.
Examples of Body Work:
- Repairing scratches from a minor fender bender
- Fixing dents resulting from an object or backed into accidentally
- Fixing cracks in the windshield and sunroof
- Replacing headlights and tail lights
2. To Get a Diagnosis for Car Problems
If your car does not start when you turn the key, you will need to get it diagnosed by an automotive technician. The technicians at auto body shops can diagnose problems with cars that are not starting, and they can often fix the problem without having to take the car to a mechanic.
Examples of Car Problems the Auto Body Shop Might Find:
- A problem with the starter
- A problem with the battery
- A problem with the alternator
- A problem with the fuel pump
3. To Get a Car Repaired After an Accident
If you have been in a car accident and the damage to your car is more than just bodywork, you will need to take it to an auto body shop. The technicians at these shops are experts in repairing cars that have been in accidents. They can fix the damage to the car, as well as make any necessary repairs to the frame of the car.
Types of Repairs an Auto Body Shop Can Make:
- Fixing broken windows
- Fixing dents from objects hitting the car
- Replacing headlights, taillights, bumpers, and fenders
- Repairing or replacing airbags
Fixing damage to the frame of the car from a minor accident that is not major enough to require a tow truck. Some minor accidents not involving another vehicle can get fixed at the body shop.
4. To Get a Car Repainted
If your car has faded or has scratches that you want to get rid of, you can take it to an auto body and paint shop to get it repainted. The technicians at these shops can match the paint on your car perfectly so that the new paint job will be indistinguishable from the old paint job.
Other Reasons to Go to an Auto Body Paint Shop:
- The car has been in a major accident and there is paint damage
- The car is not the original color anymore
- The car was the target of vandalization
5. To Get a Car Customized
If you want to change the look of your car, you can take it to an auto body shop. The technicians at these shops can customize your car to look however you want. They can add new body panels, change the color of the paint, install new accessories and get windows tinted. It’s pretty common to customize this way, so you can check out the cost to tint car windows here.
Examples of the Most Popular Customizations for Cars
- Adding a spoiler to the back of the car
- Installing new rims or hubcaps
- Putting in a custom paint job
6. To Get an Emissions Test Done on Your Car
If you need to get an emissions test done on your car, you will need to take it to an auto body shop. The technicians at these shops are experts in emissions testing, and they can often get your car registered for emissions testing even if it failed the test before.
Here Are Some Reasons You Might Need an Emissions Test:
- Your car is more than 4 years old
- You live in a state that requires emissions testing
- You recently bought a new car and need to get the old one registered
7. To Get a Car Detailed
If you want your car to look like new, you can take it to an auto body shop to get it detailed. The technicians at these shops can clean the inside and outside of your car, and they can polish the paint until it shines. Detailing a car can often be more effective than taking it to a car wash.
Benefits of Getting Your Car Detailed
- Cleaning the interior of your car
- Getting rid of all the fine scratches in the paint on your car
- Polishing rims so they look brand new for a fraction of what you would pay at a professional detail shop
How to Find the Right Auto Body Shop
When you are looking for an auto body shop, it is important to find one that is reputable and has experience repairing cars that have been in accidents. Here are a few things to do when hunting for the perfect shop:
1. Ask Family and Friends for Recommendations
Doing this will net you a list of reliable auto body shops that can get the job done quickly and professionally. Ask people whose opinions you trust and respect. This will save you a lot of time in the long run.
2. Check to See if the Shop Has Experience Repairing Your Type of Car
Some shops specialize in repairing one specific make and model of car, while other shops work on many different types and models of cars. If you want to make sure that your car is in good hands, you should take it to a shop that specializes in repairing your type of car.
3. Read Online Reviews
Online reviews can be a great way to get an idea of the quality of service that you can expect from an auto body shop. Be sure to read reviews from both happy and unhappy customers to get a good idea of the general consensus about a particular shop.
Start Your Search for an Auto Body Shop Today
Keeping these things in mind when looking for the best auto body shop can help you find the right one for your needs. Follow these tips, and you should soon find a reputable shop near you that can do your car repairs quickly and affordably.
If you found this article helpful, be sure to check out the rest of our blogs!